Instagram application after installation takes only 20-30 megabytes, but over time the size grows to 1 gigabyte and more.
On smartphones, the device’s memory is not rubber and because of the large System and application sizes may be unstable.
What to do if Instagram takes up a lot of memory (space on device)?
The solution is simple: you need to delete temporary files and transfer application to a memory card.
Instagram takes a lot of memory. What to do?
First we’ll clean the cache (for Android):
- Go to the “Settings” of your device.
- Open the “Applications” section.
- We find and open the Instagram application.
- We touch on the item “Memory” (on different phones differently, m. “Storage”).
- Click on the “Clear Cache” button.
- Perform these steps at least once a month;
- On the iPhone you need to go to the “Storage” to remove and reinstall Instagram (no other way).
How to clear Instagram memory
Released more than 300 megabytes. Now you can transfer the application to the memory card:
- In the item “Memory” we touch “Change” the storage location.
- Select “Memory Card”.
- Touch “Move.”
- Thus, we freed the device’s memory from applications.
By the way, you can clear the cache from other applications and move some of them to a memory card.
As you can see, with a few simple steps you can free up device memory.
And this, in turn, eliminates many problems and speeds up your device.
Video lesson on what to do if Instagram takes a lot memory.