Sometimes logging in to your own Instagram account appears to be a whole problem. You enter the correct login and password but still can’t log into Instagram. Instead, it shows you a message like “we detected an unusual login Attempt” and offers to send you a 6-digit code. Or, the other way, it shows a “challenge required Instagram” message. Below we’re taking a closer look at both cases.
If your Instagram account is linked to your email address and phone number then you’ll be given a choice to receive a 6-digit code to email or phone. In the case you’ve linked your phone number only, you’ll be given a single option to receive a confirmation code Instagram, via phone as shown on the screenshot.
- Instagram offers you to send a 6-digit code
- Error message “challenge required Instagram”
- Why am I seeing the message “we detected an unusual login Attempt”?
- What to do if the security code doesn’t come to your phone
- What to do if security code doesn’t come to your email
- How to get Instagram code to email or phone
Instagram offers you to send a 6-digit code
After you enter login and password you see the message “we detected an unusual login Attempt” and the offer to send a 6-digit code to your linked email or phone. However, you’re not receiving that 6-digit code from Instagram to your email. Or a 6-digit code doesn’t come to your phone, in case you’ve chosen to receive it to your phone.
What to do?
Read on till the end to receive the instructions.
Error message “challenge required Instagram”
Usually “challenge required” error happens when Instagram detects your irregular activity. Let’s look at cases why that might happen.
Why am I seeing the message “we detected an unusual login Attempt”?
- You’ve changed your smartphone. It doesn’t matter whether the phone is brand-new or second-hand. But after switching to another device you’ll almost 100% certainly receive the message “we detected an unusual login attempt”.
- You didn’t change your smartphone but tried to log into Instagram from another device.
- Someone had tried to log into your Instagram account. Usually, that’s done by attackers. And it doesn’t matter if your account is popular or not.
- You’ve added your account to some promotion service, or auto-posting service, or any kind of promotion software.
- You log into several Instagram accounts from one computer or smartphone, while not observing safety rules.
- You’ve just bought an Instagram account, changed a password, and immediately started to delete photos, subscribe and unsubscribe.
Now we’ll look into possible actions that can be done to unblock an Instagram account.
What to do if the security code doesn’t come to your phone
If, when registering your account, you’ve linked only your phone number and now can’t log into your account, the only way is to contact Instagram support service.
Read on for advice on how to write a message to the support service.
We can try to help you, however chances are low. (Contact us)
What to do if security code doesn’t come to your email
If, when registering your account, you’ve linked your email or your email and phone number, here’s what you can do:
- Clean your web browser history and browser cookies.
- Write following message to the mail service support (better to adjust below text a bit while keeping the main point):
Hello. Would you please check if messages from [email protected] are not going to spam on a global level? I’m not getting a single message from any of the Instagram services.
In case you’re getting reset password message from Instagram but not getting 6-digit code, modify your letter as follows:
Hello. Would you please check if messages from [email protected] are not going to spam on a global level? I’m getting reset password messages from Instagram but not getting the 6-digit code message to confirm my Instagram account.
How to get Instagram code to email or phone
You can write about your problem in the comments field and we’ll try to help you. This service provided for a fee. Please see the details here.