The content of the article:
Everyone has heard the news that recently Instagram owned by Facebook. After a short time a surprise was expected after a perfect deal – introduction new features. One of the updates was the video chat on Instagram.
This type of chat allows you to communicate via video. There are two communication options:
- one on one;
- a group of people.
The chat window can be reduced and continue during the conversation. use Instagram for other purposes (view the feed, like, post photos, story, write comments).
Where to look for a video chat?
After the update appeared, users had a question how start a video chat on Instagram. The button on the main page, denoting the desired function is missing. Does this mean that video calls not available? Not! You need to search for the function through Direct:
- Go to the Instagram feed.
- Go to Direct (icon in the upper right corner).
- Select a contact, enter the dialogue with him.
- Click on the icon in the form of a camera (located at the top on right).
- After the completed actions, a video call will begin.
- Didn’t find an answer? Ask a question, we will prepare and send you an answer by e-mail
- Powerful Instagram account upgrade
At the same time, it’s worth answering the question of how to make video chat in Instagram group.
-> Как добавить адрес в Инстагарм: кнопка как добраться
To do this, during a conversation you need:
- Click on the grid icon.
- Select second / third / fourth contact.
You can add up to four people to the conversation.
You can exit the chat at any time by clicking on the icon with red by phone.
What to do if video chat on Instagram does not work? First the turn is to check the quality of network transmission. Communication may be interrupted due to bad internet.
If you have problems displaying / broadcasting the video or sound, the cause may be due to damage to the camera or microphone on a smartphone.
If video chat is not needed
Some users find this update unnecessary and are interested in how to disable video chat on Instagram. You can do it in the settings of Instagram.
There are three steps to follow:
- Go to your profile page and go to “Settings” (three dots in the upper right corner).
- Scroll down and find the section “Push notifications”, go into it.
- Find the “Video Chat” section (it’s located in the bottom of the page) and check the box next to Off. Here you can also enable the reception video calls only from your subscriptions or from all users Instagram.
-> Ошибка в Актуальном в Инстаграме
That, in fact, is all the information you should know about video chat on Instagram.