Updated – January 21, 2020
“We found an unusual login attempt” – such a message I received when I tried to log into one of my accounts.
The map shows a suspicious attempt to enter Instagram from cities in France.
If you click “This is me”, you will be prompted to change the password.
In my case, Instagram suggested that the account was hacked due to data transfer to the cheat service (although this is not so).
Let’s figure out what to do next in such situations.
An unusual attempt to log in to Instagram. What to do?
First of all, you don’t need to panic and think that you blocked.
Next, think about why you could get this message:
- You recently logged in to your account through another device;
- You have logged in from another country or region;
- We tried to log in to Instagram, but the password was entered incorrect;
- An account is tied to a service (mass follow, delayed posting, android emulator, etc.).
In my case, a suspicious login attempt was triggered BlueStacks Android Emulator.
The program is reliable, it just uses a proxy server, and from there error.
What to do next if Instagram writes “An unusual attempt login “?
Now click on one of the buttons: “This is me” or “This is not me.” It’s better just choose the first option, since access will be restored easier – you will be prompted to change the password.
If you select “It’s not me,” then you will be thrown out of the application and you have to re-login.
Usually, after changing the password, the problem ends there, but in many cases, the account is simply thrown to the start page Instagram and with repeated authorization again gives an error.
It turns out a vicious circle. But there is a way out of it.
The following helped me: on the initial page you are offered log in with your username, but you click on the sign “Log in through another account. ”
Then enter your username and password and log in to your account. Error will disappear!
If this method did not help, then try other options.
- Restart the Instagram app on your device via Task Manager;
- Trite, but reboot the device;
- Reinstalling the Instagram app may help;
- Turn on the mobile Internet and log in to Instagram (helped a lot);
- Log in to Instagram via the web version or from another device (for example, through a computer);
- In an extreme case, you can restore your account via electronic mail or phone (see article);
- If all else fails, write to Instagram tech support (see in the article).
Which method helped you? Reply in the comments.
Video lesson on what to do if unusual attempt to log in to Instagram.