Updated – January 21, 2020
Limits and restrictions on Instagram is a certain a set of rules that must be followed so that your account does not fall under blocking.
I have collected relevant data on all limits and restrictions. (January 2020), based on the personal experience and the experience of colleagues “in workshop “.
Remember: Instagram is actively struggling with accounts that promoted by prohibited methods (mass follow, mass link and etc.).
Therefore, to avoid sanctions – trust only relevant data (article is being updated).
Limits and restrictions on Instagram
First, find out how many users can subscribe at most per hour / day (depending on age account).
- New account: per hour from 20 to 40, per day from 250 to 350;
- Young account (3 to 6 months): per hour from 30 to 60, per day from 400 to 600;
- Old account (from 1 year): per hour from 40 to 60, per day from 500 to 600.
Limits include a set of subscriptions and unsubscriptions. For example, a new an account can subscribe to 200 people and unsubscribe from 150 (need keep within the maximum limit of 350). Or just sign up for 350 people, but you can already unsubscribe only the next day.
Article Subscription Guidelines: How much per day sign.
Now let’s see what we like. Here the limits are higher, but exceed them, too, is not worth it.
- New account: per hour from 15 to 25, per day from 450 to 550;
- Young account (3 to 6 months): per hour from 25 to 50, per day from 600 to 1200;
- Old account (from 1 year): per hour from 35 to 50, per day from 1000 to 1200.
Do not forget that the limits include the number of delivered and removed likes (as well as by subscription).
Recommendations for likes in the article: how much per day you can bet likes.
Limits by comments.
Comments should be taken more seriously. Users can complain about them if they are advertising.
- New account: per hour from 20 to 30, per day from 100 to 150;
- Young account (3 to 6 months): per hour from 30 to 40, per day from 150 to 200;
- Old account (from 1 year): per hour from 40 to 50, per day from 250 to 300.
It is important to note that comments must be different from each other. The same comments left in a row to different publications, may be considered spam (suspicious activity). Generally, I would not recommend getting involved in comments, it’s very easy to get ban.
You can write to direct, but it is better only to subscribers. Here are the limits – the number of open dialogs (in the dialogue itself you can communicate how much whatever).
- New account: per hour from 3 to 5, per day from 20 up to 30;
- Young account (3 to 6 months): per hour from 10 to 15, per day from 30 to 40;
- Old account (from 1 year): per hour from 15 to 20, per day from 40 to 50.
Writing messages to non-subscribers is very dangerous. Lock chance rises at times. Not only does this fall under suspicious activity, so also users can complain about spam. You can answer as many messages as you send.
Other limits on Instagram.
Do not upload too many photos, videos and stories in one day. It’s difficult to get a lock, but a temporary ban is quite real (will write “Action is blocked, try again later”). Beyond depending on the age of the account.
- Photo or video: per hour from 5 to 10, per day from 30 up to 50;
- Stories: per hour from 20 to 30, per day from 50 to 100.
Is it possible to combine actions following the limits? For example, in one maximum day to subscribe, like and comment?
The maximum is impossible. Need to use the formula: minimum divide the number of limits by two.
For example, a young account per day can subscribe to 200 users, put 300 likes, write 75 comments and contact the direct to 15 subscribers.
This does not apply to publications and stories. Sometimes easier win likes or followers.
What are the restrictions on Instagram?
A number of things for which you can get a lock (which prohibited):
- Exceeding the limits for actions specified in this article;
- Spam with the same comments;
- Placement of publications with nude body parts (with emoticons) аккуратнее);
- Account management by a person under the age of 13;
- Indication of the website address as a nickname;
- Fake content (will be marked with a black label);
- The publication of prohibited materials (everything related to violence and aggression);
- Negative posts (anything that can trigger a hate in comments);
- Promotion of the account by prohibited methods (mass follow, mass lashing, mass lounging, etc.);
- Placement of other people’s photos, videos, music in story without permission owner (this is a violation of copyright);
- It is strictly forbidden to insult, slander, harass, bully other users.
What sanctions can be applied for violations?
There are only two options:
- Shadow Ban – temporarily block certain actions (subscribing to other people, publishing photos, stories, etc.)
- Account Lockout – Permanent Ban Without Opportunity recovery.
Conclusions: Instagram mercilessly bans accounts for suspicious activity and is constantly improving its algorithms. To minimize the risk of getting under a lock, it is necessary to clearly comply with limits and restrictions. Before promotion Look for up-to-date information.
Video tutorial on the topic: limits and restrictions on Instagram.