Updated – January 23, 2020
Instagram two-factor authentication – The most important security setting for your profile.
Turn it on to protect your account.
Authorization in Instagram on an unfamiliar device will be be accompanied by a special code that will be necessary enter.
We strongly recommend that you enable this setting.
Instagram two-factor authentication
- В правом нижнем углу касаемся своего профиля.
- Раскрываемменюв правом верхнем углу.
- Снизу переходим в “Настройки”.
- Открываем”Безопасность” .
- Select Two-Factor Authentication.
- Touch the “Start” button.
- Choose a protection method.
How does two-factor authentication of Instagram work?
- SMS – a message will be sent to the phone with the code that will be needed enter if authorization occurs on an unfamiliar device;
- Authentication Application – Separate Application will generate a code that will need to be entered if an input is made on someone else’s device;
- Recovery codes – write down or take a screenshot of the codes, so that you can use them to enter your account if the phone for some reason unavailable.
How to enable two-factor authentication in Instagram on a computer?
In a similar way. A little lower instruction.
How to enable two-factor authentication in Instagram
- В веб-версии переходим в свой аккаунт в правом верхнем углу.
- Открываем “Настройки”.
- Select the “Privacy and Security” section.
- Click “Edit two-factor settings authentication. ”
- We select one of the available methods.
How to disable two-factor authentication in Instagram?
The reverse way. Uncheck and turn off the setting. But better left for safety.
If you still decide to remove, we recommend that you play it safe change the password on Instagram (see the article).
Is it possible to somehow bypass two-factor authentication Instagram?
Only when you have access recovery codes to account.
They are located in two-factor authentication settings.
Video tutorial on the topic: two-factor authentication Instagram.