The content of the article:
- 1 The essence and causes of dysfunction of the lack of a JPEG SOS marker
- 2 How to fix the error “Unable to complete the request before JPEG marker
- 2.1 Use Paint
- 2.2 Use the standard Windows photo viewer
- 2.3 Make sure the file has the correct extension
- 2.4 Enable display extensions
- 3 Conclusion
The essence and causes of dysfunction of the lack of a JPEG SOS marker
The error in question usually appears in a situation the inability to access a JPEG image file. This may be due to the following reasons:
- Stored JPEG photos were infected with a virus program;
- JPEG files have been modified by some software;
- JPEG file extension was changed to incorrect;
- There are bad (bad) sectors on a JPEG disc;
- Inappropriate (incomplete) scan process JPEG
- Work was carried out with the device stored on it JPEG files with the actual discharge of its battery.
After identifying the reasons, let’s move on to the correction options. dysfunctions.
How to fix the error “Unable to complete the request before JPEG marker
Let’s figure out ways to get rid of “Missing JPEG SOS marker” errors:
The easiest way to solve the problem lack of a SOS JPEG marker, is the use of the program Paint Do the following:
- Launch Explorer, and go to the folder where it is located problem photo;
- Hover over it, right-click on the mouse, select “Open with ..” – “Paint”. The photo will open;
- Now select the option “File” – “Save As”, select the type file – JPEG, give the file some name, and save in directory other than the previous one.
- We try to run our saved file in Photoshop. Usually he opens without any problems.
Use the standard Windows photo viewer
- Launch a photograph with a standard Windows photo viewer;
- In the photo, click RMB, in the menu that appears, select “Properties”;
- In the properties window that opens, go to the “Details” tab, and View the Resolution setting
- Go back to the viewer, hover over the photo, click RMB, select “Copy”;
- Open Photoshop, press Ctrl + N, and enter a value Resolution in the height and width lines of the created photo, then click on “OK”;
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the picture.
Make sure the file has the correct extension
Some negligent users save the file at once with two extensions, such as example.pdf.jpg. Remove excess extension for bringing the file to the correct state.
You can also just try to simply rename the problem file by selecting the jpeg extension for it.
Enable display extensions
By default, extensions are usually hidden, making it difficult identification of such files. To enable display extensions do the following:
- Launch Explorer (press Win + E);
- Select the “View” – “Options” tab at the top;
- The folder options window opens, go to the tab there “View”;
- Uncheck the option “Hide extensions of known (registered) file types. ”
Deactivate the specified option.
Error “Unable to execute request before JPEG SOS marker missing marker “usually caused by incorrect extension image file, as well as its modification by user or third-party programs. The easiest way to solve the error “Missing SOS JPEG marker” is to use Paint programs for opening and saving a problem file, after which the JPEG SOS error will be fixed.