The reasons for this message may be: non-compliance the architecture of the installed operating system and the game, or applications. The installation package has broken files or a virus in installed software. In version 10 of Windows, developers contributed some changes that check the software version security for a license, and if it is not, then the program will block by displaying a similar message.
The content of the article:
- 1 Cause of error in Windows OS bit depth
- 2 Troubleshooting by setting compatibility
- 3 Windows 10 – the fight against piracy
- 4 Outdated and broken files – the reason for the error “Impossible run this application on your PC ”
- 5 Viruses – the reason for blocking programs
The reason for the error in the bit depth of the Windows OS
Most often, an error occurs due to a mismatch bit depth of the application and Windows. Most likely if you have a message appeared on the monitor – this application cannot be started on your PC, then you are trying to run a 64-bit application on 32-bit operating system. Otherwise: if you were the other way around running a 32-bit application on a 64-bit Windows, then there are no problems would have arisen. So Windows 64 is universal because allows you to run applications and with a lower capacity.
To correct the situation, you can use 2 methods:
- Find an application specifically for your OS bit depth. Often installation packages of a program are called the name of the program or game_32bit. Download the appropriate package and install.
- If the application or game is important to you, you will have to reinstall the operating system on a 64-bit one.
In order to find out the bit depth of your operating room systems:
- Open the “Control Panel”, “System and security “,” System “.
- In the line “System Type” you will see the bit depth of your OS. This is indeed the window can be opened by pressing the key combination WIN + PAUSE / BREAK.
Bit depth of the operating system
Troubleshooting compatibility settings
One of the simple solutions to the error “Unable to start this application on your PC will be – compatibility settings applications and OS. In the event that you are trying to run the “old” let’s say the application is 2003, then for it to work correctly you need choose a compatible version of Windows – Windows 2000 or Windows XP. For this:
- Right click on the file you want to run.
- In the context menu, select “Properties.”
- In the window that opens, in the “Compatibility” tab, you need to install checkbox and specify the operating system in which environment you want run the program. Select the version of Windows from the list and click “OK.”
OS compatibility settings
Windows 10 – the fight against piracy
You read the license agreement when you install this or another application on your pc? I think, like many, no. In this the agreement on the use of Windows 10 describes the situation by accepting which you agree to restrict access to the application, if it is pirated. New Windows 10 independently requests information about the program that you installed. If the program installed with all sorts of activators and patches, then it will be blocked and you will see a message – it is impossible to start application on this pc.
To get rid of errors when launching applications on your computer, you must use licensed software. But not all users can afford to use a license for a reason the high cost of some applications. In this case, you can use the program without an internet connection. In this case Windows will not be able to determine if the application is pirated.
Outdated and broken files – the reason for the error “Impossible run this application on your PC ”
When downloading a game or application, files in the path could be lost or the download was not completed at all. Often like Cases arise when using torrent programs. In that If you need to download the application again, or look for another a source. When downloading again, preferably at boot time disable antivirus software and programs that may affect download – various firewalls as well as native antivirus software of the operating system. Before downloading, uninstall previous application installation package in order to avoid download errors.
Various applications and games may also be the cause of the error. very old versions of Windows. They may not be supported by the system. and in order to run them, you will need to download a special the program is an emulator.
Viruses – the reason for blocking programs
Blocking programs and the failure of various systems – the main the purpose of the viral software. Therefore if you see the text on the screen – “Unable to run this application on your PC “, then you need to scan the entire installation with antivirus package. If the virus is indeed in the installation package, it must be removed, and then scan your entire the system.