The content of the article:
- 1 What does it mean – Google Play Services are updating?
- 2 How to fix Google Play update error
- 3 Conclusion
What does it mean – Google Play Services are updating?
This message translates as “Google Play Services are being updated, “and its appearance usually indicates ongoing currently updating the Google Play system application Services. “The latter is responsible for authenticating Google services, contact synchronization, access to user settings privacy. And also directly involved in updating installed applications on the device to the latest their versions.
The specified message may be displayed on the device screen. long time, without any changes. In alternative case after displaying this message the program itself closes.
The problem with “Services are updating” is most often fixed on Chinese gadgets from Huawei and Honor (less commonly at Meizu). The immediate cause of dysfunction is one of the last Google Play Services app updates (version 12.6.73), which does not work well with the system shell mentioned gadgets.
Google has officially acknowledged the problem and stated that it’s already working on its solution (which, in particular, was a special beta version of the Google Play Services application, a link will be provided below).
The cause of the problem is one of the incorrect updates to this application
May be useful: Unable to install reliable connection to the Google Play server – what to do.
How to fix Google Play update error
Since this problem is of a general nature, and concerns general update functionality 12.6.73, then an effective solution will be the release of a special update from Google, allowing you to fix the problem you’ve encountered. At the moment, such an update exists in beta versions, and Google offers everyone join the test by downloading the specified update to your gadget.
- To do this, go to the Play Market, download and install Google Play Services (beta) app on your device.
- After installing the specified application, reboot your device, wait about a minute.
- And then run the previously problematic application using Maps from Google.
Install a specialized beta version of the program
Other alternatives to get rid of the error “Google Play Services are updating” is as follows:
- Clear the cache and data of the Google Play Services application. Go to the settings of your device, select “Applications”, find “Google Play Services” there, then tap on the buttons clearing the cache and data (or in Settings – then Apps – then Google play services – here Storage -MANAGE SPACE – CLEAR ALL DATA)
- Reinstall the version of the Google Play Services application. Go to in the settings of your gadget, select “Applications”, and delete there Google Play Services. Then go to the Play Market, and set to Your gadget is the new version of the specified application.
The immediate cause of dysfunction is incorrect Google Play Services application update version 12.6.73 from Google company. The most effective way to get rid of a mistake Google Play Services are updating is a special installation beta version of the specified application, after which the problem is usually it is solved.