The content of the article:
- 1 What is this java.lang.nullpointerexception error
- 2 How to fix java.lang.nullpointerexception error
- 2.1 For users
- 2.2 For developers
- 3 Conclusion
What is this java.lang.nullpointerexception error
The appearance of this error marks a situation in which the program developer is trying to call the method on a null reference to an object. In the text of the error message, the system usually indicates stack trace and the line number in which the error occurred, on which the problem will be easy to track.
Error line number
As for ordinary users, the appearance of an error java.lang.nullpointerexception on your PC signals that you have something wrong with the java functional package on your a computer, or that program (or online application) running in Java, they do not function correctly. If you have problem where Java applet is not loaded, recommend study the material here.
How to fix java.lang.nullpointerexception error
How to get rid of java.lang.nullpointerexception error? Ways struggle with the problem can be divided into two main groups – for users and developers.
If you encounter this error during startup (or work) of any program (especially it concerns java.lang.nullpointerexception minecraft), then I recommend to execute following:
- Reinstall the Java package on your computer. Download package You can, for example, from here;
- Reinstall the problem program itself (or uninstall problematic update if the error started to appear after such);
- Write a letter to the technical support of the program (or resource) with a detailed description of the problem and wait for an answer, perhaps developers will fix a bug soon.
- Also, in case of problems in the game Minecraft, some users helped create a new account with administrative rights, and launching the game on her behalf.
Java error in Minecraft
Developers should pay attention to the following:
- Call the equals () and equalsIgnoreCase () methods on a known literal string, and avoid calling these methods in unknown object;
- Instead of toString (), use valueOf () in a situation where the result is equivalent;
- Use null-safe libraries and methods;
- Try to avoid returning null from the method, better return an empty collection;
- Use annotations @Nullable and @NotNull;
- No need for extra auto-packaging and auto-packaging in the created code that creates unnecessary temporary objects;
- Set boundaries at the DBMS level;
- Declare coding conventions correctly and follow them.
When fixing java.lang.nullpointerexception error, it is important understand that this problem has a programmatic basis, and few correlates with PC errors in the average user. In most cases, the direct intervention of developers is necessary, able to fix the problem and fix the work software product (or resource on which it is running product). In the event that an ordinary user has an error (quite often concerns failures in the game Minecraft), It is recommended that you install a fresh Java package on your PC, as well as reinstall the problem program.